Mold is a fungus that thrives on moisture and poor ventilation. Molds are present everywhere - indoors
and outdoors. There are more than 100,000 species of mold. They serve an important role by helping to break down organic matter. Outside, that’s a good thing, but it’s not good inside your home.
Molds are most likely to grow where there is water or dampness. Mold spores are in the air naturally and attach to any place that is damp, where they can begin growing immediately. Most people notice signs of discoloration or suspect residue as mold grows.
Visible mold should be cleaned up and the source of moisture corrected as soon as it is detected. Proper cleaning procedures must be followed to prevent cross contamination and to ensure that, not only visible mold is removed, but water damage spores are also removed from the air.
In the air, these tiny spores cannot be seen without a microscope, but they can be breathed in. The spores, if inhaled, can trigger allergy and asthma symptoms in some people, causing coughing, sniffling, and other cold-like symptoms.
People react to fungal spores very differently. While some may develop serious health issues, others have no adverse reactions.
Consulting with your physician is highly recommended.
On-time, thorough, informed and detailed. Everything we needed in a mold inspection company. We’d hire them again in a second.
Precision Mold Testing is proud to have a perfect rating on the Better Business Bureau. We have the expertise and experience to serve you best.